This procedure requires that one learned master key be available. For 2017 and newer models, two learned master keys need to be available.
Remote portions need to be programmed by a professional automotive locksmith or dealership.
• A total of 10 keys may be programmed to a single vehicle.
• This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.
• If more than one valet key is to be learned, immediately precede each valet key with a learned master key.
1) Place an already programmed key in the keyway (ignition). Cycle the ignition from OFF to ON (Run) to OFF.
(If 2017 and newer, repeat this step with second already programmed key.)
2) Within 15 seconds, insert the new, properly cut transponder key in the ignition. Turn the key to ON. The “security” indicator light will go on and off. Turn the key to OFF.
3) The key will now start the car. Repeat the second step for each new key to be programmed.