This is aFactory OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) 2 button keyless entry remote, aka"key fob" for a 1994 Jeep Cherokee.
These are genuine Jeep OEM remotes.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. For the duration of the programming procedure the driver's door must remain open.
2. Manually lock the driver's door (NOT with the power lock button) push the lock lever to the locked position.
3. Insert key into ignition and turn the ignition switch to ON (turn as far as you can without cranking the engine).
4. Aim remote at the receiver in the vehicle and press and hold the Lock button for at least 5 seconds. This must be done within 20 seconds of turning ignition switch ON. The driver's door will unlock automatically. Once this occurs the remote has been properly programmed.
5. To program additional remotes within 20 seconds you must manually Lock the driver's door again. Once door has been manually locked, repeat step 4.
6. Repeat step 5 for each additional remote.
7. Once completed turn ignition switch OFF, then back to ON and back to OFF. Remove key from ignition switch. Step 7 must be completed within 20 seconds of programming the last remote.
8. Close driver's door and test all remotes to ensure proper programming.