This is a
Factory OEM (Original
Equipment Manufacturer) 4 button keyless entry remote, aka
"key fob" for a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville.
These are genuine Pontiac OEM electronics in a
new aftermarket case.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under the driver's side dash. Notice the port is wider on the top row. Be sure there are metal pins inside ports 4 and 8. Refer to diagram to locate the proper pins.
2. Connect pin 4 to pin 8 with a suitable jumper wire. Any short piece of wire will work. A paper clip in the shape of a U works well. (Leave jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure.
3. Insert key into the ignition and turn the ignition cylinder to the ON position. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to indicate the vehicle has entered programming mode.
4. Press and hold both the Lock and UNLOCK buttons together on the first remote to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the remote.
5. Within one minute, repeat step 4 for all additional remotes, including previously working ones.
6. Remove the jumper wire connected to the Data Link Port.