This is a
Factory OEM (Original
Equipment Manufacturer) 2 button keyless entry remote, aka
"key fob" for a 1997 Mitsubishi Montero Sport.
These are genuine Mitsubishi OEM electronics in a
new aftermarket case.
Your current remote must have matching FCC number E4EG8D-522M-A.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
- Open the driver's door.
- Turn the ignition key ON (ON is the position just shy of cranking the engine).
- Press and hold the programming/override button (located under or at the bottom of the driver's side dash). In approximately 20 seconds the system will start to cycle the door locks and the siren (if equipped) 3 times to indicate the system has entered the transmitter learn mode (DO NOT RELEASE THE PROGRAMMING/OVERRIDE BUTTON).
- Press the #1 button (top left button) on the unprogrammed transmitter. The system will respond by cycling the door locks and the siren (if equipped) one time to indicate the transmitter has been learned.
- All other transmitters (up to four) also need to be programmed at this time.
- Programming is now complete, let go of the programming/override button and turn ignition off to exit learn mode. Test all remotes for proper programming.