This is a
Factory OEM (Original
Equipment Manufacturer) 3 button keyless entry remote, aka
"key fob" for a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan.
These are genuine Dodge OEM remotes.
NOTE: You must have a current, working remote for this procedure to work. If you do not have a working remote, you must have a professional locksmith or dealership program your remote.
*Please read entire procedure before performing.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Put key in ignition and turn ignition switch to ON position (as far as you can turn key without cranking engine).
2. Press and hold UNLOCK on a currently functioning remote for 4 to 10 seconds.
3. While holding the UNLOCK button during the 4 to 10 second period, press the panic button for one second and release both buttons at the same time. A chime should sound within three seconds to indicate the vehicle has entered programming mode.
4. Press any button on the remote used in step 3. You should hear an audible tone indicating that remote has been re-programmed. This step must be done within 30 seconds of hearing first chime in step 3.
5. Within 30 seconds of completing step 4, press any button on the next remote. Repeat step 5 for all additional remotes including working remotes.
6. Programming is now complete. Turn ignition off and test remotes to ensure proper programming.