This is a
Factory OEM (Original
Equipment Manufacturer) 4 button keyless entry remote, aka
"key fob" for a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix.
These are genuine Pontiac OEM electronics in a
new aftermarket case.
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program a new remote all previous remotes that were programmed will be erased from memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you program them again using the instructions below.
1. Remove key from the ignition.
2. Remove the MALL /BCM PGM Fuse from the fuse box. Fuse will be named MALL or BCM. Use the legend on the fuse panel or owner's manual to properly locate the "MALL/BCM PGM" fuse.
3. Close all doors and insert key into the ignition. Turn ignition to ACC then back to OFF then back to ACC. (do this step quickly, you will end in the ACC position) IMPORTANT: ACC is the position all the way back towards you, OFF is the position where you can remove the key from the ignition.
4. Open and close driver side door, vehicle will chime signaling programming mode.
5. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons down on the remote you are programming. Vehicle will chime twice signaling successful programming. Repeat this step for additional remotes you would like to program to this vehicle.
IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming.
6. Remove key from ignition.
7. Install the "MALL/BCM PGM" fuse back into the fuse panel and test remote(s).
8. Programming is now complete.