This is a
Factory OEM (Original
Equipment Manufacturer) 3 button keyless entry remote, aka
"key fob" for a 1999 GMC Sonoma.
These are genuine GMC OEM electronics in a
new aftermarket case.
***You must have all remotes, including working ones, when performing this procedure***
1. Close all doors.
2. Insert key into the ignition.
3. Press and hold the power UNLOCK button on driver's side door panel. Do not release until instructed to do so in step 5.
4. Quickly turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key)
5. Release the power unlock button on the driver's side door panel. The vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically. If locks cycle then continue to step 6.(if the door locks begin to lock and unlock BEFORE releasing the unlock button then the vehicle has not entered programming mode and you must start over. Remove key, open door and return to step 1. If the vehicle continues to lock and unlock before releasing the unlock button then there is a problem with the vehicles system and remotes must be programmed by a certified professional. If you are unable to get the door locks to cycle then you are turning the key too quick, too slow, there's a problem with the vehicles system, or the vehicle is not equipped with a factory keyless entry system.
6. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.
7. NOW repeat step 6. for all additional remotes including working ones.
8. After step 6. has been performed for all remotes TURN ignition to ON to exit programming mode.
9. Turn ignition to OFF, remove key and test all remotes.