This is a
Factory OEM (Original
Equipment Manufacturer) 4 button keyless entry remote, aka
"key fob" for a 2000 Chevrolet Malibu.
These are genuine Chevrolet OEM electronics in a
new aftermarket case.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Close vehicle doors.
2. Turn ignition to ON then back to OFF (ON is the position just shy of starting car without cranking engine)
3. Remove key from ignition.
4. Press and hold the UNLOCK switch on driver???s door and continue to hold until instructed to release.
5. Insert key into the ignition (do not turn it) and remove it.
6. Insert key into the ignition (do not turn it) and remove it.
7. Insert key into the ignition (do not turn it) and leave it in.
8. Release the UNLOCK switch on driver???s door. Vehicle will respond with three acoustic sounds to indicate successful entry into programming mode.
9. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on first remote until vehicle beeps twice indicating successful programming. This step may take about 15 seconds.
10. Repeat step 9 for all remaining remotes, including working ones.
11. Remove key from ignition to exit programming mode and test all remotes.