There are two possible programming procedures. If the first procedure does not work, please try the second procedure.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle and read the instructions prior to programming.
Entering programming mode will erase all previously programmed remotes for this vehicle. You must have all remotes available for programming including working ones.
- Enter vehicle and close all doors
- Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of completing the previous step. If you take longer than five seconds or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.
- Insert the key into the ignition, hold one remote in your left hand with additional remotes close by. We recommend taking remotes off the key ring to perform the procedure. When the instructions say to press the LOCK button, you should press the LOCK button on the remote for approximately one second then release it.
Perform each of the next three steps in order, then repeat all three steps two more times for a total of three times each.
- Turn the ignition to the ON position, marked II.
- Press the LOCK button on the remote.
- Turn the ignition to the OFF position, marked I. (Do steps 1-3 three times)
Next, turn the ignition switch to ON position, marked II.
4. Using the same remote, press the LOCK button again. The door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has ENTERED programming mode.
5. Using the same remote, press the LOCK button again. The door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has PROGRAMMED that remote.
If you have other remotes to program then repeat step 5 with each additional remote one after another. Step 5 must be completed within ten seconds for each additional remote. You may program up to three remotes.
6. Turn the ignition to OFF. Test all remotes.
If your remote has a trunk button you will need to hold that button down for several seconds for that function to operate.
- Turn ignition to ON. (ON is the position just shy of starting the vehicle without cranking engine)
- Press and hold the valet/disarm button located on the bottom of the dashboard to the left or right below the steering wheel. (You must hold the valet button until instructed to release)
- The system LED on the upper steering column will flash indicating the vehicle is in programming mode.
- Press the top button on the remote. The parking lights will flash to confirm successful programming of this remote.
- Repeat step 4. for all additional remotes to be programmed.
- Release valet/disarm button to exit programming mode. Test all remotes.
Please note: This system uses a stacking memory for remotes. The most recent remote programmed will bump the oldest remote. You can program up to four remotes. If you need to erase lost or stolen remotes then simply program one remote four times. If you have two remotes you can program one, three times then, program the second once and so on.