NOTE: You must have one existing, working key for this procedure to work. If you do not have an existing key, it must be programmed by an automotive locksmith or dealership.
1. Insert the original, already programmed key in the ignition. Turn key to the ON position. Wait for the security light to turn off. Some vehicles require you to start the engine.
2. Turn key to OFF position and remove the key.
3. Insert the key to be programmed and turn to ON position. You must do this step within ten seconds of removing the original key.
4. Wait for the security light to turn off. If your vehicle does not have a security light, wait approximately ten minutes to make sure the key has been programmed.
5. Repeat all steps for any additional keys to be programmed.
6. Test remote(s) to verify successful programming.