This is a Factory OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) 4 button keyless entry remote, aka "key fob" for Buick, Oldsmobile, and Pontiac. See "Compatibility Tab" for a full list of compatible vehicles.
These are genuine OEM electronics in a new aftermarket case.
NOTE: There are two possible programming procedures.
PROCEDURE #1-For Pontiac
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program a new remote all previous remotes that were programmed will be erased from memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you program them again using the instructions below.
1. Remove key from the ignition.
2. Remove the MALL /BCM PGM Fuse from the fuse box. Fuse will be named MALL or BCM. Use the legend on the fuse panel or owner's manual to properly locate the "MALL/BCM PGM" fuse.
3. Close all doors and insert key into the ignition. Turn ignition to ACC then back to OFF then back to ACC. (do this step quickly, you will end in the ACC position) IMPORTANT: ACC is the position all the way back towards you, OFF is the position where you can remove the key from the ignition.
4. Open and close driver side door, vehicle will chime signaling programming mode.
5. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons down on the remote you are programming. Vehicle will chime twice signaling successful programming. Repeat this step for additional remotes you would like to program to this vehicle.
IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming.
6. Remove key from ignition.
7. Install the "MALL/BCM PGM" fuse back into the fuse panel and test remote(s).
8. Programming is now complete.
PROCEDURE #2-Buick & Oldsmobile
1. Collect all remotes that you wish to program. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
2. Close all doors, turn key in ignition to ON position do not start car, then turn back to OFF. Remove key from ignition.
3. Hold Unlock button on the driver's door. DO NOT RELEASE UNLOCK BUTTON
4. Insert key into the ignition and remove it, insert key into ignition and remove it, insert key into ignition and leave it in the ignition. (Do not turn key in the ignition)
5. Release the unlock button, three chimes will sound signally entering of programming mode.
6. Hold lock and unlock on the remote until the vehicle chimes twice signaling programming. Repeat this step for any additional remotes.
7. Remove key from ignition to exit programming mode.
10246215 | AB00204T | FCC ID: AB00204T | GM: 10246215 | 4 BUTTON |