Civic remotes can be self programmed. Pilot remotes must be programmed by a professional automotive locksmith or dealership.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle and read the instructions prior to programming.
Entering programming mode will erase all previously programmed remotes for this vehicle. You must have all remotes available for programming including working ones.
*Enter vehicle and close all doors
*Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of completing the previous step. If you take longer than five seconds or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.
*Insert the key into the ignition, hold one remote in your left hand with additional remotes close by. We recommend taking remotes off the key ring to perform the procedure. When the instructions say to press the LOCK button, you should press the LOCK button on the remote for approximately one second then release it.
Perform each of the next three steps in order, then repeat all three steps two more times for a total of three times each.
1. Turn the ignition to the ON position, marked II.
2. Press the LOCK button on the remote.
3. Turn the ignition to the OFF position, marked I. (Do steps 1-3 three times)
Next, turn the ignition switch to ON position, marked II.
4. Using the same remote, press the LOCK button again. The door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has ENTERED programming mode.
5. Using the same remote, press the LOCK button again. The door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has PROGRAMMED that remote.
If you have other remotes to program then repeat step 5 with each additional remote one after another. Step 5 must be completed within ten seconds for each additional remote. You may program up to three remotes.
6. Turn the ignition to OFF. Test all remotes.