Diagram of Data Link Connector (DLC)
Programming Procedure for Eclipse, Lancer, and Outlander
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure's a little more complicated than others, we recommend having someone help you perform this procedure.
1. Locate the Data Link Connector (DLC). It will be in the trunk or under the dash on the drivers side. You may need to lay on the floor and look up to easily access it. Use the diagram above to identify ports 1 and 4. Notice that the DLC connector is tapered. You can use this to help identify the proper ports. Be sure there's metal contact pins in ports 1 and 4.
2. Insert key into the ignition and leave in the OFF position.
3. Using a suitable jumper wire, jump pin 1 to pin 4. Jump means to make a connection between the two pins using any metal wire. A paperclip bent in the shape of a 'U' usually works perfect. Be certain the jumper wire makes contact with the pins in ports 1 and 4. Once the jumper wire is installed it needs to remain there throughout this procedure until instructed to remove.
4. Within ten seconds of connecting the jumper wire, press the hazard light switch 6 times. The doors will automatically lock and unlock once indicating the vehicle is in programming mode.
5. Now press the LOCK button on the first remote to be programmed THREE TIMES within ten seconds. The doors will automatically lock and unlock once indicating the vehicle has programmed that remote.
6. If you have additional remotes to program, repeat step 5 within one minute.