This is a Factory OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Buick 4 Button keyless entry remote, aka "key fob".
- 1993 Buick Riviera
- 1992 Buick Riviera
- 1991 Buick Reatta
- 1991 Buick Riviera
- 1990 Buick Reatta
- 1990 Buick Riviera
- 1989 Buick Reatta
- 1989 Buick Riviera
The entire reprogramming sequence must be completed within 30 seconds of grounding the connector. If the procedure is not completed, remove the ground at the connector and restart the procedure from step 1.
- Open the trunk and detach left side carpet covering EBCM and fender well. Locate the purple wire with the single green connector (might be green wire with purple connector). This wire, unattached on one end, has a Green connector at its end and may be immediately seen upon removal of the carpet or it may be necessary to search for it. Some are attached to the EBCM wire harness and are at the front end of harness, deep in the trunk.
- Insert key and turn ignition to the ON position (just shy of starting the vehicle).
- Ground the green single wire connector (located near the ABS module in the trunk).
- Wait for the door locks to lock and unlock (this should only take a few seconds).
- Press the Unlock button on the first remote twice (pause for one second in between).
- Wait for the door locks to lock and unlock again.
- Press the Unlock button on the second remote twice (pause for one second in between).
- Wait for the door locks to lock and unlock.
- Remove ground from the green connector.
- Test remotes.