ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: 04686481AA or 04686797 or 04686481AB
PLEASE NOTE: When you begin the programming sequence to sync your remote to your installed remote keyless entry (RKE) system, you MUST HAVE ALL OF YOUR REMOTES (Including PREVIOUSLY PROGRAMMED remote(s)) to be programmed with you at the time of programmingâ¦
ALL PREVIOUSLY PROGRAMMED REMOTES WILL BE ERASED AT THIS TIME.
(This is a safety feature which prevents anyone else from accessing your vehicle.)
UP TO 4 REMOTES (total) may be programmed to your vehicleâs system at one time.
AT TIME OF PROGRAMMING:
ALL remotes to be programmed and/or reprogrammed MUST BE PRESENT.
ATTENTION: You MUST HAVE one working remote to add one more to the system. If you do not have one working remote right now then these instructions will not work. You will have to have a Locksmith or dealership use a computer to program the first remote for you.
1. Press LOCK button 5 times at 2 second intervals to re-synchronize remote.
2. Insert key into the ignition switch. Turn ignition to the RUN position (as far as you can go without cranking engine). Wait for ignition chimes to stop.
3. Using the working remote, press and hold the UNLOCK button on the remote for 4 to 10 seconds.
4. Within the specified 4 to 10 seconds, continue pressing the UNLOCK button and then press the PANIC button ( on the programmed remote ) for 1 second and release both buttons. A chime will sound to indicate that the remote programming mode has been entered ( allow 3 seconds for chime to sound ).
5. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously then press and release just the UNLOCK button on the same remote. A chime will sound indicating the remote has been programmed. Press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously and then press the UNLOCK button on each new remote you wish to program at this time. A chime will sound after each additional remote is programmed.
6. Turn the ignition OFF and remove key.
7. Test Remotes.
Note- obtain one programmed remote transmitter (a must) for the following â¦
1. Turn ignition ON.
2. Using programmed remote.
3. PUSH and hold remote UNLOCK button for 10 seconds.
4. After holding the unlock button for 5 secondsâ¦ push remote PANIC button & release both buttons at the same time.
5. Ensure acoustic signal is heard, programming active.
6. W/I 30 secs. Carry out the following procedure for each remote to be programmedâ¦
7. Push and release remote LOCK & UNLOCK buttons at the same time. Then press any remote transmitter button.
8. Ensure acoustic signal is heard after each remote operation.
9. Turn ignition to OFF or wait 30 secs to exit program.
The manufacturer programming instructions for your vehicle make model and year specify diagnostic programming required.
This keyless entry requires programming by your local dealer or locksmith.
The procedure takes a few seconds to complete so many dealers will do it as a courtesy, but please verify this before purchasing. Some dealers charge for one hour labor to sync your remote with your RKE system. If your dealer does charge a fee, local locksmiths usually charge much less.
If you do not have one working remote then this means that you will need to visit your local dealer or locksmith to have your remote programmed to your car using diagnostic equipment
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME OR ZIP CODE TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU
Was This Information Useful? Please take a moment to Like / Follow us and share via social media below. It is people like you that help spread the word about us. It helps so much! Thanks for visiting and sharing with your friends and family!