Here are the programming instructions for a 1998 Pontiac Bonneville Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog and if you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family; people like you are our best advertising tool!
Order This Part Number Here: 25678792
1. Insert keys in ignition and leave in the OFF position.
2. Locate the OBDII Port under drivers side dashboard.
Note port is wider at top: Your OBDII Port will not have numbers, use this for reference.
3. Make sure there are metal contact pins in terminals 8 and 4. connect 8 and 4
with a suitable jumper wire (leave jumper wire connected throughout the
programming procedure.) Make sure you know which terminals are 8 and 4.
The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to signify entering
of programming mode.
4. Close doors.
5. Turn ignition to the ON position ( as far as you can go without cranking the
engine ). Doors will lock.
6. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first
remote to be programmed, up to 30 seconds, the vehicle will respond by
locking then unlocking the doors. Release buttons.
7. Within one minute, repeat step 6 for any additional remotes if any, including
8. Remove jumper wire from OBDII Port.
9. Test Remote(s).
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME OR ZIP CODE TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU