Here are the programming instructions for a 2002 Honda S2000 Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog and if you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family; people like you are our best advertising tool!
Order This Part Number Here: A269ZUA101
If your vehicle has a Factory installed Keyless Entry System then use procedure #1. Factory installed keyless remotes will have a hole through the remote for the key ring such as the one pictured below. The remote your vehicle uses may look different then the one pictured below as the picture is for reference only.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle and read the instructions prior to programming.
Entering programming mode will erase all previously programmed remotes for this vehicle. You must have all remotes available for programming including working ones.
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors
2. Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of completing the previous step. If you take longer than five seconds or make a mistake, you must start the entire procedure over.
3. Insert the key into the ignition, hold one remote in your left hand with additional remotes close by.
4. We recommend taking remotes off the key ring to perform the procedure. When the instructions say to press the LOCK button, you should press the LOCK button on the remote for approximately one second then release it.
5. Perform each of the next three steps in order, then repeat all three steps two more times for a total of three times each.
Turn the ignition to the ON position, marked II.
Press the LOCK button on the remote.
Turn the ignition to the OFF position, marked I. (Do steps 1-3 three times)
Next, turn the ignition switch to ON position, marked II.
4. Using the same remote, press the LOCK button again. The door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has ENTERED programming mode.
5. Using the same remote, press the LOCK button again. The door locks should cycle indicating the vehicle has PROGRAMMED that remote.
If you have other remotes to program then repeat step 5 with each additional remote one after another. Step 5 must be completed within ten seconds for each additional remote. You may program up to three remotes.
6. Turn the ignition to OFF. Test all remotes.
If your remote has a trunk button you will need to hold that button down for several seconds for that function to operate.
If your vehicle has a "Dealer installed" keyless entry system then use procedure #2. A dealer installed system will use a remote with the key ring in the corner and have an "option" button as pictured below.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. Entering programming mode erases all remotes, so all remotes must be programmed during this procedure.
1. Turn ignition to ON (ll). (ON is the position just shy of starting the vehicle without cranking engine)
2. Press and hold the valet/disarm button located between the AM/FM and CD/TAPE button as pictured below. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, indicating the vehicle is in programming mode. (You must continue to hold the valet button until instructed to release)
3. Within five seconds, press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, indicating the vehicle has programmed that remote.
4. Within ten seconds, Repeat step 3. for all additional remotes to be programmed.
5. Release valet/disarm button to exit programming mode. Test all remotes.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME OR ZIP CODE TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU