Here are the programming instructions for a 1997 Toyota 4Runner Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: BAB237131-022
TOYOTA RS3000 PROGRAMMING PROCEDURE
Commonly referred to as the "dealer installed" system
YOU MUST MATCH A BLACK REMOTE WITH A BLACK REMOTE. THEY ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE. LOCATE THE SECURITY LIGHT PICTURED ABOVE ON THE DASH TO CONFIRM YOUR VEHICLE HAS THE RS3000 SYSTEM INSTALLED. THIS PROCEDURE WILL ONLY WORK WITH THE RS3000 SERCURITY SYSTEM.
Procedure to ADD a remote to the RS3000 System:
1. Locate the RS3000 ECU Computer. Look for it behind the driver's side kick plate under the dash, under any of the seats or in the trunk. It can be hidden under the carpet but you will see the outline. If it is behind The kick plate you will need to take the plastic panel off to locate it.
2. Insert the key in the ignition and switch it to the ON position.
3. PUSH and HOLD the programming button (see pic. above) for 3 seconds. The security light(see pic. above) will turn on for 5 seconds.
4. Within 5 seconds PRESS and RELEASE the top button of the first remote you wish to program. The security light will turn off, you will hear a chirp and the exterior lights will flash once.
5. Switch the ignition to the OFF position. Programming is now complete. Repeat this same process for any other remotes you wish to program (up to 4)
Procedure to ERASE all remotes from the RS3000 System:
1. Insert the key in the ignition and switch it to the ON position.
2. PUSH and HOLD the programming button (see pic. above) for 3 seconds. The security light(see pic. above) will turn on for 5 seconds.
3. RELEASE then PUSH and HOLD the programming button (see pic. above) for another 2 seconds. The security light will turn off, you will hear a chirp and the exterior lights will flash 3 times.
4. Switch the ignition to the OFF position. Erasure is now complete no remotes will function with the RS3000 system.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU