Here are the programming instructions for a 1997 Mazda Protege Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: G571TX318
You will first need to locate the keyless entry main computer. This is usually located under the driver's side seat. Once located you will need to locate the yellow programming button. This button will be located under a label on the main computer. To get to the button just push through the label so you can access the button.
1. Insert key and turn it from OFF to ON to OFF. Leave the key in ignition.
2. Press and hold the yellow programming button until you hear 4 beeps followed by 5 then a shorter tone every 3 seconds. RELEASE the yellow programming button. This confirms that your vehicle is now in programming mode.
3. Wait for a 3-second tone to sound as soon as it stops PUSH the LOCK button the first remote you are programming (order does not matter). The vehicle will respond with a beep which is confirmation that the programming was successful.
4. If you have an additional remote(s) to program repeat step 3 for each remote. If you have no further remotes to program proceed to step 5.
5. Turn key ON then OFF. Programming is now complete.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU