Here are the programming instructions for a 1998 Pontiac Trans Sport Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: 10245953
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the remotes you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program a new remote all previous remotes that were programmed will be erased from memory. The other remotes will not be functional until you program them again using the instructions below.
1. Remove key from the ignition.
2. Remove the MALL /BCM PGM Fuse from the fuse box. Fuse will be named MALL or BCM. Use the legend on the fuse panel or owner's manual to properly locate the "MALL/BCM PGM" fuse.
3. Close all doors and insert key into the ignition. Turn ignition to ACC then back to OFF then back to ACC. (do this step quickly, you will end in the ACC position). IMPORTANT: ACC is the position all the way back towards you, OFF is the position where you can remove the key from the ignition.
4. Open and close driver side door, vehicle will chime signaling programming mode.
5. Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons down on the remote you are programming. Vehicle will chime twice signaling successful programming. Repeat this step for additional remotes you would like to program to this vehicle. IMPORTANT: After 7 seconds, a chime may be heard confirming successful synchronization. It is necessary to wait approximately 14 seconds for a second chime that will confirm successful programming.
6. Remove key from ignition.
7. Install the "MALL/BCM PGM" fuse back into the fuse panel and test remote(s).
8. Programming is now complete.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU