Here are the programming instructions for a 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: 16245100-29
Classic Body Style Vehicles
1. Collect all remotes that you wish to program. This procedure will erase all previously programmed
remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
2. Locate the Data Link Port underneath the driver side dashboard use image above for reference.
3. Jump terminal 8 to terminal 4. User a jumper wire or bent paper clip to connect the two ports. Locks will cycle from lock to unlock to signal entering programming mode.
4. Press and hold lock and unlock button on the remote being programmed. Hold until the locks cycle again signaling successful programming. Repeat this step for any additional remotes.
5. Remove the jumper wire or paperclip to exit programming mode.
New Body style vehicles
1. Collect all remotes that you wish to program. This procedure will erase all previously programmed remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
2. Close all doors, insert key into ignition do not turn it.
3. Hold the Unlock button on the driver's door DO NOT RELEASE.
4. Quickly turn ignition ON OFF, ON OFF. Do not start the car turn the key to the ON position on the cylinder.
5. Release the Unlock button. Locks will cycle from lock to unlock Signally entering of programming mode.
If the locks cycle before you release the unlock button the programming will not work. Repeat from step one.
6. Press and hold the Lock and Unlock button on the remote being programmed until the locks cycle again. This signals your vehicle has been successfully programmed. Repeat this step for any additional remote.
7. Turn key to the on position to exit from programming mode.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU