Here are the programming instructions for a 1998 Pontiac Sunfire Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: 16245100-29
1. Collect all remotes that you wish to program. This procedure will erase all previously programmed
remotes. You must program all existing and new remotes that you wish to use on the vehicle at this time.
2. Locate programming connector on the driver side of the trunk. Remove any trim or carpeting to access the connector. Connector will be close to the tail light Connector is a port connected to a black and white wire. Connector will not be connected to anything.
3. Next you must jump the programming connector. You may use a jumper wire or paper clip. Make contact to the metal connectors inside the ports with the paper clip or wire. locks will cycle from lock to unlock signaling entering of programming mode.
5. Press and hold lock and until locks cycle, this may take up to 15 seconds. This remote has been successfully programmed. Repeat this step for any additional remotes.
6. Remove jumper wire or paper clip to exit programming mode.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU
By Keyless Entry Remote Inc