Here are the programming instructions for a 1993 Mitsubishi Montero Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: 3165189
1. Locate the keyless entry module receiver. The receiver will be a black box approximately 7"X 4"X 2" with wires leading to it. Diamante: Near the glove box. Galant: On blower motor above glove box. Eclipse/Montero: Behind panel located under steering wheel, you will need to remove the panel to locate the module.
2. Locate the programming connector. It's a white plastic connector with two wires and two terminals that's NOT plugged into anything. It will be located close to the keyless entry module receiver.
3. After locating the programming connector, jump the two metal terminals inside the plug. Jump means to make a connection with a small piece of wire, a paperclip bent in the shape of a "U" usually works perfect. The system will respond by automatically locking and unlocking all doors followed by a chirping of the horn, indicating the vehicle's in programming mode.
4. Press the LOCK button on the first remote. The system will respond by automatically locking and unlocking all doors followed by a chirping of the horn, indicating the vehicle has programmed that remote.
5. Repeat step 5 for additional remotes (if any).
6. Remove jumper wire and test remotes.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU