Here are the programming instructions for a 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: GQ43VT6T,
These instructions will only work if your Key Fob Looks Like the picture shown above.
Diagram of Data Link Connector (DLC)
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure's a little more complicated than others, we recommend having someone help you perform this procedure. We have found it easier to have one person manage the jumper wire while the second person performs the procedure.
1. Locate the Data Link Connector (DLC). It will be under the dash on the drivers side. You may need to lay on the floor and look up to easily access it. Use the diagram above to identify ports 1 and 4. Notice that the DLC connector is tapered. You can use this to help identify the proper ports. Be sure there's metal contact pins in ports 1 and 4.
2. Insert key into the ignition and leave in the OFF position.
Using a suitable jumper wire, jump pin 1 to pin 4. Jump means to make a connection between the two pins using any metal wire. A paperclip bent in the shape of a "U" usually works perfect. Be certain the jumper wire makes contact with the pins in ports 1 and 4. Once the jumper wire is installed it needs to remain there throughout this procedure until instructed to remove.
3. Within ten seconds of connecting the jumper wire, turn the ignition switch to ACC then back to OFF. (ACC is the position when you turn the key back toward you, OFF is the position where you can remove your key). The doors will automatically lock and unlock once indicating the vehicle is in programming mode.
4. Now press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the first remote to be programmed THREE TIMES within ten seconds. The doors will automatically lock and unlock once indicating the vehicle has programmed that remote.
5. If you have additional remotes to program, repeat step 5. within one minute.
6. Once all remotes are programmed remove jumper. Test all remotes to ensure proper programming.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU
By Keyless Entry Remote Inc