Here are the programming instructions for a 2001 Chevrolet Tracker Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: 16245100-29
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Locate the Data Link Port. It is located under drivers side dash. You may need to lay on the floor and look up under the dash to see it. Be sure you know which ports are 8 and 4. Notice the port is wider on the top row. If you are looking at the port with the wide row on top and the narrow row on bottom, Port 1 will be in the upper left corner and port 8 in the upper right corner. Be sure there are metal pins inside ports 8 and 4. Please refer to the diagram above to locate the proper pins. The numbers are not on the connector, they are only for reference.
2. Connect pin 8 to pin 4 with a suitable jumper wire. Any short piece of wire will work fine. A paper clip bent in the shape of a U will work perfect. (leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure). The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to indicate vehicle has entered programming mode.
3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first remote to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the remote.
4. Within one minute, repeat step 3 on all additional remotes including working ones to be programmed.
5. Remove the jumper wire connected to the Data Link Port.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU
By Keyless Entry Remote Inc