ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: VMI WALL JLFTX4
NOTE: If the remote you are replacing looked like the remote pictured (4 buttons) and your electronics box is on the outside of the canister, skip to line #3 below and disregard line #8.
PLEASE NOTE YOU WILL NEED A STANDARD FLASHLIGHT TO DO THIS. (WE HAVE FOUND THAT LED FLASHLIGHTS DO NOT WORK.)
1. Remove Top Cover with #2 Phillips. Remove rear rail clamps using a 7/32 socket. Use a 9/64 Allen wrench and remove rail stop blocks. If one of your remotes is functioning run blanket until it leaves the gear drive otherwise operate release handle (lock in place) and pull blanket out of canister and let hang at the tailgate. Pull it out far enough to give you access to work on the controller in center of the canister.
2. Remove controller fasteners using a #2 Phillips and 11/32 wrench so that the controller can be lifted from canister. Plug the wire connectors together making sure power is provided.
3. Holding the electronics box pull the small rubber plug out of the optical programming access hole located between the wires.
4. Using a flashlight, point the beam straight into the small hole. Count out 4 seconds then remove for another 4 seconds and then back on the hole for 4 more seconds. This is to be done smoothly and consecutively. (This is a 3 step sequence)* Immediately after the light sequence push any button on the remote to program the remote transmitter into the controller. Wait 30 seconds to operate the cover.
5. After programming the transmitters it will take 30 seconds for the controller to go into its run mode, after the 30 seconds the unit will operate by pushing one of the operation buttons. If it doesnât run you will need to repeat the flashlight sequence again until youâre able to get the timing just right.
6. Your unit should operate at this time. Replace the rubber plug into the optical programming access hole when done. Operate both transmitters prior to re-installing the blanket.
7. After youâre done programming the unit, make sure the control box is securely mounted back in place in the canister
8. Pull release handle and lock in place. Manually push blanket onto gears and into the canister. Make sure the blanket is installed on the same gear tooth on both sides or the blanket will not wind properly. Re-install rail stop blocks. Re-install clamps. Re-install the Top Cover.
*Keep in mind that your first try may not activate the electronics box into program mode. You may have to try it a few times to figure out the right length of time to hold and remove the flashlight
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU