Here are the programming instructions for a 1998 Volkswagen Beetle Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: NBG8137
Programming Instructions: There are two different options to program this key fob to your vehicle. If option one doesn't work continue to option 2.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. You will need two keys to perform this programming procedure.
1. Insert master key into the ignition switch and turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
2. Within 30 seconds: Insert second key into the driver's door lock cylinder and manually lock the driver's door with the second key.
3. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button.
4. After 2 seconds press the LOCK or UNLOCK button again.
5. Switch ignition to the OFF position. Programming is now complete, test remote to ensure proper function.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. You must have two keys to perform this procedure.
1. With driver's door open close all other doors and trunk. Insert master key into ignition and turn ignition switch to the ON position and leave in vehicle. Exit vehicle and close driver's door.
2. Insert other key into door lock cylinder and turn to the LOCK position.
3. Press the UNLOCK button on the first remote. Wait two seconds.
4. Repeat step 3 for each remaining remote to be programmed.
5. Programming is now complete, remove keys and test remotes to ensure proper programming.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU