Here are the programming instructions for a 1998 Volkswagen Cabrio Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: M36HU01WT
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. You must have two keys to perform this procedure.
1. With driver's door open close all other doors and trunk. Steps 1-3 must be completed within one minute. Insert key into ignition and turn ignition switch to the ON position and leave in vehicle. Exit vehicle and close driver's door.
2. Insert other key into door lock cylinder and turn to the UNLOCK position and hold there for about 10 seconds. Vehicle horn will sound three times to indicate it has entered programming mode.
3. Press the UNLOCK button on the first remote. The horn will sound twice to indicate that the vehicle accepted the remote.
4. Repeat step 3 for each remaining remote to be programmed.
5. Turn key in door lock cylinder to UNLOCK and hold for about 10 seconds. Programming is now complete, remove keys and test remotes to ensure proper programming.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU