ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: 10178734
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Insert key into the ignition and turn the ignition switch to the ON position (ON is as far as you can turn ignition right before engine cranks. Do not crank engine).
2. Open trunk and locate the Programming Connector. It will be located right next to the latch for the trunk lid. The Programming Connector will be a single wire that leads to a plastic connector and will not be connected to anything. You need to use a jumper wire and connect the Programming Connector to a good ground (any unpainted metal surface on the body of the vehicle, such as the trunk latch, should work fine). Once connected the locks will cycle to lock and then unlock. Programming Connector must remain jumped to ground throughout the programming procedure.
3. Now the vehicle is in programming mode. Press the UNLOCK button on the first remote two times in one second intervals. Vehicle will cycle locks again to lock and unlock to confirm that the remote has been accepted.
4. If programming a second remote you must now press the UNLOCK button two times in one second intervals. Vehicle will cycle locks again to lock and unlock to confirm that the remote has been accepted. If only one remote is being programmed you must press UNLOCK button two times in one second intervals again on that remote. Vehicle will cycle locks again to lock and unlock to confirm that the remote has been accepted.
5. Programming is now complete. Remove jumper wire from programming connector and test all remotes for proper programming.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU