Here are the programming instructions for a 1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: 12522356
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Access programming connector in LH side of trunk (drivers side). Programming connector will be close to the tail light, it will not be connected to anything and should be one black and one white wire. It will have a plastic connector on the end of it with two holes in it or ports.
2. Jump programming connector using a suitable jumper wire. Jumping the connector means to use a wire or paperclip bent in the shape of a U to make a connection between the two ports. Be sure you are making contact with the metal inside both ports.
3. System should now lock and unlock doors and activate trunk release to indicate successful entry into programming mode.
4. Press any button on remote one time. System should now lock and unlock doors and activate trunk release to indicate successful programming of remote.
5. Repeat step 4. for each additional remote including working ones.
6. To exit programming mode remove jumper wire and test all remotes.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU