Here are the programming instructions for a 1996 Chevrolet Lumina Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: 10239647
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Access programming connector in RH side of trunk (passenger side) you may need to pull back some trim to find or access it. Connector will not be connected to anything and should be one black/white wire. It will have a plug on the end of it with one hole in it or port.
2. Jump programming connector using a suitable jumper wire with ground. Jumping the connector means to use a wire or paperclip to make a connection between the port and ground. Be sure you are making contact with the metal inside the port and touch the other end of the jumper wire to a nearby bolt or unpainted metal surface on the body of the vehicle.
3. System should now lock and unlock doors to indicate successful entry into programming mode.
4. Press any button on remote one time. System should now lock and unlock doors to indicate successful programming of remote.
5. Repeat step 4. for each additional remote including working ones.
6. To exit programming mode remove jumper wire and test all remotes.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU