Here are the programming instructions for a 1998 Chevrolet Prizm Key Fob Remote. If you need an extra Key Fob or Replacement Fob for any vehicle you might have visit us at Keylessentryremotefob.com You can also leave comments or suggestions at the bottom of this blog. If you like what we provide please forward on to your friends & family and share via the social media icons below; people like you are our best advertising tool!
ORDER THIS KEY FOB PART NUMBER HERE: HYQ1512S
FOR FACTORY INSTALLED KEYLESS ENTRY USE THIS PROCEDURE
1. Start with key out of the ignition, open and unlock drivers door and be sure all other doors and trunk are closed.
2. Insert key into ignition (Do not turn) and pull it out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power door lock rocker switch on drivers door perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1 cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock.).
4. Close, then open drivers door.
5. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Using the power door lock rocker switch on drivers door perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. Use an even pace and try to go about one cycle per second. (1 cycle = 1 lock and 1 unlock.) B. Insert the key in the ignition cylinder. C. Turn the ignition to ON (Just shy of starting car, Do NOT Start) then back to OFF. D. Turn the ignition to ON (Just shy of starting car, Do NOT Start)) then back to OFF. E. Remove the key from the ignition.
6. Within 3 seconds the power door locks should cycle automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point, if they do cycle then continue to step 7.
7. Perform these steps within 40 seconds. A. Press the lock button on the remote for 1 second. B. Now press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds the door locks should cycle once indicating successful programming. If the door locks don't cycle or cycle twice, repeat steps A and B, your remote has not been accepted. C. Repeat steps A and B in step 7 for each new transmitter.
8. Close drivers door.
9. Test all remotes.
FOR DEALER INSTALLED KEYLESS ENTRY USE THIS PROCEDURE
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Insert key into ignition and turn ignition switch to ON position.
2. Locate the ECU and press and hold the ECU PROGRAMMING SWITCH for 3 seconds. You will see the STATUS MONITOR LED turn on for 5 seconds. Vehicle is now in programming mode.
3. Press and release either the top or bottom button on the remote. The STATUS MONITOR LED will turn off. A chirp will be heard as well as one flash of the exterior lights.
4. Turn off the ignition. Programming is now complete, test remotes for proper programming.
Having trouble programming the remote or just want a professional to program the remote for you? Enter your city or zip code in the search box below to find a professional key fob installer in your area.
ENTER YOUR CITY NAME TO FIND A
PROFESSIONAL KEY FOB INSTALLER NEAR YOU
By Keyless Entry Remote Inc