Sun shining, warm weather can put a smile on anyone's face. It definitely beats the cold, rainy days. Sunshine grabs people to go outdoors and enjoy the weather. However, there may be one problem with the heat.... your car. If you car is parked in the sun all day or even a few hours, it can get very, very hot. I put together a list of things you can do to keep your car cool in the heat.
1. Use a windshield visor to prevent too much heat from entering the car.
2. Cover your steering wheel with a towel, nothing is worse than driving with your fingernails because the steering wheel is too hot to touch!
3. Or just put a blanket over your entire seat.
4. Seems obvious but... park in the shade!
5. Leaving windows open allows for circulation.
6. *If you have air conditioning*
When you turn your air conditioning on, start with the feet. Hot air rises, so letting the air come out at your feet will allow for the car to cool more quickly. Then, you can switch to the upper vents.
7. Before you enter your car, leave the door open for a minute so all of the hot air can escape.
Simple tips that can avoid a steaming hot vehicle after a long day out in the sun!