This is a Factory OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Chevrolet Monte Carlo 2 Button keyless entry remote, aka "key fob".
Genuine OEM electronics in a new aftermarket case.
1996-1999 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
Most vehicles can be self-programmed.
*There are two possible programming procedures. If these procedures do not work for your vehicle, you must have your remote programmed by a professional automotive locksmith or dealership.
*Existing keyless remotes will be erased with these procedures. Existing working remotes will need to be reprogrammed.
1. Locate the Data Link Port under the Driver’s side dash. Identify ports eight (8) and four (4). Note that the port is wider on the top row and contains ports one (1) through eight (8). The bottom row contains ports nine (9) through sixteen (16). Be sure there are metal pins inside ports 8 and 4.
2. Connect port eight (8) to port (4) with a suitable jumper wire. Any short piece of conductive wire will work (i.e. – a paper clip). You will leave the jumper wire connected throughout the programming procedure. The vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors to indicate that the vehicle has entered programming mode.
3. Press and hold both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the first remote to be programmed. After about 15 seconds, the vehicle will respond by locking and unlocking the doors. Release the buttons on the remote.
4. Within one minute, repeat Step 4 on all additional remotes, including working ones, to be programmed to the vehicle.
5. Remove the jumper wire connected to the Data Link Port.
6. Test all remotes. Programming is now complete.
1. Locate the programming connector wire located in the RH trunk area. You may have to pull back right side trunk trim on trunk wall to locate the single black/white wire.
2. The programming connector wire should have one termial in the plastic connector on end of black/white wire. Ground the terminal in the connector to a nearby bolt or trunk latch. Leave connector wire connected to ground throughout procedure.
3. System will now lock and unlock doors automatically to indicate programming mode has been activated.
4. Press any button on keyless remote. System will respond by locking and unlocking doors one time to indicate successful programming.
5. Repeat step 4 for to program any additonal keyless remotes including and existing keyless remotes. Do not remove ground wire between programming of keyless remotes.
6. Disconnect programming connector wire from ground to exit programming mode.
7. Test keyless remote(s).
We are proud to offer true OEM key fobs direct to you at up to 80% off dealer prices. There is a catch though, so here it goes:
You need to know the only way to get a NEW OEM key fob is to go to a dealer or authorized reseller of OEM parts, and you will pay dealer prices if you do this and spend hundreds of dollars.
The key fob you are going to purchase from us is used or as we like to say "previously loved". We recycle OEM key fobs and put them through a rigorous refurbishing process so we can guarantee our products and offer them at a reasonable price along with saving the environment. Oh, and we are not robbing you of your hard earned dollars like the stealership does. So if you are good with all of this what are you waiting for? Make your life easier, order a key fob from us and save the world!