This is a brand new ilco VATS key blank for GM vehicles.
This VATS key comes in 15 different values. You MUST choose the correct value for the key to work. Cut keys are non-refundable.
- Each pellet or chip in a VATS key has a different OHMS value.
- If you choose the incorrect VATS value, your key will turn in the ignition but will NOT engage the alternator, fuel pump or starter; giving you the symptoms of a dead battery.
- You can use a multimeter with an OHMS (K) setting on 20K to find your keys VATS value. Place one lead from the meter on one side of the wire in the black pellet of your key and the other lead on the opposite side of the same wire. A value will be shown on your multimeter. Use the OHMS readings below to determine which value you need.
- If your OHMS value doesn't match the charts number exactly, round it to the nearest number.
VATS values measured in (K) OHMS:
This information is a guide only. There may be similar models that use different key blanks. To ensure you buy the correct key blank, we strongly recommend contacting a professional locksmith or dealership before purchasing.
This key can be cut and duplicated using a standard key cutting machine found at most hardware stores, dealerships, and locksmiths.
- 1997-2005 Buick Century
- 1997-2004 Buick Regal
- 1995-1999 Buick Riviera
- 1995-1999 Oldsmobile Aurora
Key cutting must be done by a professional automotive locksmith.