This is a Factory OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Mitsubishi Eclipse 2 Button keyless entry remote, aka "key fob".
Factory OEM electronics in a new aftermarket case.
2000-2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Diagram of Data Link Connector (DLC)
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle. This procedure's a little more complicated than others, we recommend having someone help you perform this procedure. We have found it easier to have one person manage the jumper wire while the second person performs the procedure. Please understand: We don't write these procedures or design these cars. We simply provide the FREE information and pass it along to save you money.
- Locate the Data Link Connector (DLC). It will be under the dash on the drivers side. You may need to lay on the floor and look up to easily access it. Use the diagram above to identify ports 1 and 4. Notice that the DLC connector is tapered. You can use this to help identify the proper ports. Be sure there's metal contact pins in ports 1 and 4.
- Insert key into the ignition and leave in the OFF position.
- Using a suitable jumper wire, jump pin 1 to pin 4. Jump means to make a connection between the two pins using any metal wire. A paperclip bent in the shape of a 'U' usually works perfect. Be certain the jumper wire makes contact with the pins in ports 1 and 4. Once the jumper wire is installed it needs to remain there throughout this procedure until instructed to remove.
- Within ten seconds of connecting the jumper wire, press the hazard light switch 6 times. The doors will automatically lock and unlock once indicating the vehicle is in programming mode.
- Now press the LOCK button on the first remote to be programmed THREE TIMES within ten seconds. The doors will automatically lock and unlock once indicating the vehicle has programmed that remote.
- If you have additional remotes to program, repeat step 5. within one minute.
- Once all remotes are programmed remove jumper. Test all remotes to ensure proper programming.
We are proud to offer true OEM key fobs direct to you at up to 80% off dealer prices. There is a catch though, so here it goes:
You need to know the only way to get a NEW OEM key fob is to go to a dealer or authorized reseller of OEM parts, and you will pay dealer prices if you do this and spend hundreds of dollars.
The key fob you are going to purchase from us is used or as we like to say "previously loved". We recycle OEM key fobs and put them through a rigorous refurbishing process so we can guarantee our products and offer them at a reasonable price along with saving the environment. Oh, and we are not robbing you of your hard earned dollars like the stealership does. So if you are good with all of this what are you waiting for? Make your life easier, order a key fob from us and save the world!