This is a Factory OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Mitsubishi Galant 2 Button keyless entry remote, aka "key fob".
1993-1997 Mitsubishi Galant
1. Locate the keyless entry module receiver. The receiver will be a black box approximately 7"X 4"X 2" with wires leading to it. Diamante: Near the glove box. Galant: On blower motor above glove box. Eclipse/Montero: Behind panel located under steering wheel, you will need to remove the panel to locate the module.
2. Locate the programming connector. It's a white plastic connector with two wires and two terminals that's NOT plugged into anything. It will be located close to the keyless entry module receiver.
3. After locating the programming connector, jump the two metal terminals inside the plug. Jump means to make a connection with a small piece of wire, a paperclip bent in the shape of a "U" usually works perfect. The system will respond by automatically locking and unlocking all doors followed by a chirping of the horn, indicating the vehicle's in programming mode.
4. Press the LOCK button on the first remote. The system will respond by automatically locking and unlocking all doors followed by a chirping of the horn, indicating the vehicle has programmed that remote.
5. Repeat step 5 for additional remotes (if any).
6. Remove jumper wire and test remotes.
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Confirm that central locking system is functioning properly.
2. Locate the RKE receiver module. Confirm with service manual but often is located in the trunk under the rear shelf trim.
3. Locate the switch on the RKE module. There should be 3 positions: "SET I", "FIX", and "SET II." The switch will be in "FIX" for normal operation. To get the vehicle into programming mode you must move the switch to the "SET I" position.
4. Press LOCK or UNLOCK button on the first remote to be programmed.
5. Move the switch to "SET II" position.
6. Press LOCK or UNLOCK button on the second remote to be programmed.
7. Move the switch to the "FIX" position.
8. Ensure that all remotes function properly.
A MAXIMUM OF TWO REMOTES CAN BE PROGRAMMED TO THIS VEHICLE
We are proud to offer true OEM key fobs direct to you at up to 80% off dealer prices. There is a catch though, so here it goes:
You need to know the only way to get a NEW OEM key fob is to go to a dealer or authorized reseller of OEM parts, and you will pay dealer prices if you do this and spend hundreds of dollars.
The key fob you are going to purchase from us is used or as we like to say "previously loved". We recycle OEM key fobs and put them through a rigorous refurbishing process so we can guarantee our products and offer them at a reasonable price along with saving the environment. Oh, and we are not robbing you of your hard earned dollars like the stealership does. So if you are good with all of this what are you waiting for? Make your life easier, order a key fob from us and save the world!