This is a new aftermarket replacement key fob compatible with Jeep models listed below. This product meets our quality standards and is guaranteed to work the same as an original.
- 2008-2010 Jeep Commander
- 2008-2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee
*** YOU MUST HAVE TWO WORKING KEY FOBS TO USE THIS PROCEDURE. ***
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
- Insert first programmed key into ignition switch.
- Switch ignition ON for at least 3 seconds but no longer than 15 seconds.
- Turn ignition OFF and remove key.
- Within 15 seconds insert second programmed key into ignition switch and turn ignition ON.
- After 10 seconds an audible tone will be heard and immobilizer warning lamp will flash.
- Turn ignition OFF and remove second programmed key.
- Within 60 seconds insert non-programmed key into ignition switch and turn ignition ON.
- After 10 seconds an audible tone will be heard and immobilizer warning lamp will illuminate for 3 seconds.
- Switch ignition OFF.
- Remove key.
- Check operation of programmed key transmitter.
- Repeat procedure for additional key transmitters if required (up to 8 key transmitters can be programm
An aftermarket remote or key is a product that is not associated with the brand of your vehicle. Because of this, they tend to be a bit cheaper than remotes and keys that come from your vehicle's manufacturer.
An aftermarket product will still sync up to your vehicle and work just like a regular remote or key, it just won't have your vehicle's logo.