This is a new aftermarket replacement key fob compatible with Pontiac models listed below. This product meets our quality standards and is guaranteed to work the same as an original.
- 1996-2000 Pontiac Bonneville
- 1999-2000 Pontiac Grand Am
(Most remotes can be self-programmed. If this procedure does not work for you, your remote must be programmed by a professional automotive locksmith or dealership.)
Obtain all remote transmitters for this vehicle.
1. Close all doors.
2. Insert key into ignition.
3. Press and hold the power UNLOCK button on driver's side door panel. Do not release until instructed to do so in step 5.
4. Quickly turn the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF. (ON is the position just shy of starting your vehicle, OFF is the position where you can remove your key.)
5. Release the power unlock button on the driver's side door panel. The vehicle should respond by locking and unlocking automatically. (If the locks begin to cycle before releasing the button, the vehicle has not entered programming mode and you must start over.)
6. Hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote at the same time until door locks cycle again. This could take up to 30 seconds.
7. Now repeat step 6 for all additional remotes including previously working ones.
8. After step 6 has been completed for all remotes turn ignition to ON to exit programming mode.
9. Turn ignition to OFF, remove key, and test all remotes.
An aftermarket remote or key is a product that is not associated with the brand of your vehicle. Because of this, they tend to be a bit cheaper than remotes and keys that come from your vehicle's manufacturer.
An aftermarket product will still sync up to your vehicle and work just like a regular remote or key, it just won't have your vehicle's logo.