Get it by Fri ,Nov 27 with Express Shipping
This is a Factory OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Subaru WRX STI 4 Button keyless entry remote, aka "key fob".
2011-2014 Subaru WRX STI
Your Subaru can accept four different codes; you can use four keyless entry fobs. To register a new transmitter with the keyless entry system, it is necessary to program the transmitter’s eight digit code (identification number) into the cars system.
First, let us start by locating and writing down the eight digit code. Sometimes you can find this code on the back of the key fob on a white sticker above the panic button. If it is not there or has fallen off, you will need to open the remote as if you were going to change the battery. To do this, you will need to get a flat screwdriver. At the top of the remote, insert the screwdriver into the opening and twist to open the remote.
With the remote open, you will see a white sticker with the eight digit code (the code will be numbers only; no letters). Write that down on a piece of paper and close the remote.
Once you have your eight digit code you can begin programming.
Read these instructions completely at least once before beginning. As everything has to be done rather quickly. You can also visit your local dealership or automotive locksmith to program your remote for a fee. These instructions are listed in your owner's manual as well.
1. Sit in the driver's seat and close the door. Ensure that all doors and rear gate or trunk lid are closed.
2. Open then close the driver's door.
3. Put the key into the ignition and turn the key from LOCK to the ON position ten times within 15 seconds.
4. Open then close the driver's door.
*If done properly you will hear an electronic tone sound once, a buzzer will continue to sound, and the interior light will flash until the transmitter codes are completely registered. Proceed to step 5.
*If you did not perform the steps above within 45 seconds an error will occur and you will not hear the tone or buzzer and the dome light won’t flash. If this happened you will need to start over again.
5. While the buzzer is going you will need to enter your eight digit code using the driver’s side door lock button. You will do this by pushing the button towards LOCK the same number as the first number of your code. When you’re done entering that number pull it towards UNLOCK ONCE. You will need to do this to enter the rest of the seven numbers.
For Example: If your code is 32712457. You would push it towards LOCK three times then pull to UNLOCK once; then push towards LOCK two times then pull towards UNLOCK once; then push towards LOCK seven times then UNLOCK once; and so on.
6. Once you have entered all eight digits you will hear another sound. At this point you will need to reenter the code in the same manner, starting with the first number of the remote's code.
7. Once you have entered the eight digits the second time, if the two codes matched up, you will hear a beep and the doors should LOCK and then UNLOCK.
8. Next, press lock and then unlock on the key fob . Then turn OFF the key and remove it. WAIT 2-3 seconds and you will hear a click.
9. Next open and then close the driver’s door. WAIT 5 seconds and then test your remote.
We are proud to offer true OEM key fobs direct to you at up to 80% off dealer prices. There is a catch though, so here it goes:
You need to know the only way to get a NEW OEM key fob is to go to a dealer or authorized reseller of OEM parts, and you will pay dealer prices if you do this and spend hundreds of dollars.
The key fob you are going to purchase from us is used or as we like to say "previously loved". We recycle OEM key fobs and put them through a rigorous refurbishing process so we can guarantee our products and offer them at a reasonable price along with saving the environment. Oh, and we are not robbing you of your hard earned dollars like the stealership does. So if you are good with all of this what are you waiting for? Make your life easier, order a key fob from us and save the world!